My School Writing

This page is where all my writing for school will be. I am so excited that you will see my school writing.

Name Johnny Medlin

Ms. Greene

Date 12/12/19

Class E

Montresor character analysis essay

Montresor is a very interesting character. He makes the reader have mixed feelings about him and he makes the story more intriguing. Montresor reveals his true self by getting revenge on his foe Fortunato and shows throughout the story that he is deceiving, Mysterious, and revengous and those traits make sense with what he did. 

Montresor shows he is deceiving at points in the story and tricks Fortunato into doing what he wants him to do. In the story, he uses reverse psychology very well. He makes it seem like he is gonna take him down there to task the Amontillado, But he is really going down there to kill him. In the story Montresor says “As you are engaged, I am on my way to Luchresi. If any one has a critical turn it is he. He will tell me — ” Then fortunato cuts him off and says “Luchresi cannot tell Amontillado from Sherry.” Montresor uses reverse physiology very well there because he makes it seem like he is going to Luchresi for him to taste the wine but then Fortunato gets jealous and he says he wants to try it and prove that he is better than him.

Montresor is Revengous or vengeful. When he is taking Fortunato into the vaults he tells him what his motto his and it’s to get revenge on anyone who does something bad to him . The text states “A huge human foot d’Or, the foot crushes a serpent rampant whose fangs are imbedded in the heel.” “And the motto?” “Nemo me impune lacessit.” That shows he is vengeful because his motto is to get revenge.

Lastly, Montresor is mysterious, he shows that he is mysterious because he is taking  Fortunato into the vaults and is taking him deeper and deeper until he kills him. In the text, it states “We continued our route in search of the Amontillado. We passed through a range of low arches, descended, passed on, and descending again, arrived at a deep crypt, in which the foulness of the air caused our flambeaux rather to glow than flame”. That shows he is mysterious because he shouldn’t be taking him through a whole dungeon to get to wine and you can just tell from that he is mysterious. Also, he said they arrived at a deep crypt which sounds fishy and tells you something is going on.

Montresor shows he is a very deceiving, Vengeful , and mysterious throughout the story. He makes the reader think and shows he is a very interesting character by leading Fortunato into the vaults and using reverse psychology. The connections others can make with Fortunato is being vengeful. Sometimes people want to get revenge on someone if they did the slightest thing to them. Problems people can relate to is having that feeling for revenge because if you want to get revenge on someone it could get you in trouble. Montresor is a very interesting character and he has many many more traits.